It is intoxicating. You know what I'm talking about. The smell. That smell. The way the dew evaporates off of the neatly prepared turf. Not just any turf. Our turf. Our field. Our dots. What you see here is ours, and we are connected to it as it is to us. It is not for you to own, to take or to smell. It is ours and you can't have it.
- The most important news of the day? Your #5 UW Husky Volleyball team went and pulled off a shocker over the defending NCAA champs, the UCLA Bruins, in what was a heart-pumping, chest-thumping, down to the wire affair. If you aren't paying attention to your Husky Volleyball team by now, tune in. They are for real. Congrats, Dawgs!
- More preview materials flying around the web today. First up is SFGate.com and a look at how David Shaw plans to attack the new look Husky Defense.
- The Mercury News takes a look at how Josh Nunes is preparing for his first road start in a particularly hostile environment. The plan? Run the ball (which might conflict slightly with David Shaw's statements from the previous link. Hmmm)
- Here is ESPN's official game preview.
- In addition to CFB Matrix yesterday, some upset picks are coming in:
CBS Sports likes the match-up of a mobile Keith Price against the Cardinal secondary
The Sporting News's Steve Greenberg zigs while Matt Hayes zags in picking UW to win
Even Mel Kiper is warning the Cardinal to "watch out"
Thanks to Cassino for pointing out that even KegsNEggs has joined in the fun:
If Washington's line can hold up tonight (and that is an incredible "if") I think they win this game tonight.— Adam Kramer (@KegsnEggs) September 27, 2012
- Ryan McGee ($) of ESPN the Magazine has a bit of an optimist's view on the Huskies and says that Sarkisian has positioned the Dawgs exactly where opposing coaches don't want to see them.
- In recruiting news, UW is expecting some visitors at tonight's game including UCLA commit DB Jermaine Kelly ($).
- Also at the game tonight, a BIG fan:
- On the bball front, Percy is covering the pending visit of Aaron Gordon, one of the top players in the country and a key key target for Lorenzo Romar.