Steven Bisig-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Husky Dots . . . United!
Fear is what the other guy feels when the crowd quiets and all eyes cast their gazes in one direction. You don't know that feeling. You won't know that feeling. Why should you? You've got guts, dots and a bucket full of "I don't give a sh%t". Now go do what you do and quit giving attention to worthless ol' windbags like that cock-eyed fat bastard with a #2 in his ear. YEAH - YOU HEARD ME, CAPTAIN DILLHOLE. Bloggers. I hate those guys.
- So, you may be hearing that a DirecTV deal is imminent. As of now, it appears not. There are some strange tweets circulating, but the last official word that DirecTV had on it is below. Could something be in the works?
- Lots of preview stuff out there on the web as UW prepares for the Thursday night Blackout of the Century! For those of you who hate the Bleacher Report, you'll be relieved to hear that they are saying to take Stanford and the points.
- CBS Sports has their game preview with a few interesting comments about players that you may not have expected to hear.
- Todd Husak - yes, that Todd Husak - writes over at Rule of the Tree (which I think is pretty damn cool) and has a good preview from the Stanford POV.
- The Register Guard is paying attention and has their preview, given with a bit of an Oregon twist.
- The News Tribune takes a look at Stanford QB Josh Nunes and compares him to some QB that used to play there.
- Not everyone is betting on the Cardinal. The College Football Matrix is calling an upset alert and says, among other things, that UW should win if, indeed, Sark is capable of coaching up his team.
- Bob Condotta has been a busy guy lately. First, he was the subject of a Q&A conducted by our friends at Pacific Takes. He also hosted his own Q&A with the brothers Huard.
- Scott Johnson, who is kinda starting to piss me off, wonders aloud if the Huskies are "tough enough" to handle Stanford. You know, I get the sentiment. But, seriously, I hope this kind of stuff is getting back to the team and riling them up. I look at guys like Keith Price, Kasen Williams, Dexter Charles, Talia Crichton, Tru, and Shaq and I don't see wimps. This is a great opportunity with all eyes on ESPN to make a statement not unlike the Holiday Bowl a few years ago.
- In non-UW news, the LA Times has followed up on the news of Jim Mora closing practices by saying that they are done covering practices of the LA schools. Interesting non-news, so to speak.
- And, a little message from Keith Price for you all: