This is what beat reporters who go in cognito look like. There will be many of them on campus today.
Come and get 'em. The last Dots of the pre-season. Get 'em while they last!
- Today was Camp Kickoff day. Here is the video of Sark's presser courtesy the Seattle Times.
- There are tons of "camp preview" stories out there today. I've picked Divish's to link to. Enjoy your Camp-mas today, Dawgs
- For those of you with HuskyNation access, Mason Kelly delivers a nice 5 Q+A with Sark which covers in some depth questions about the O-Line, the D, the new coaches and the run game.
- Condotta completes his look at the "Top 10" going into camp.
#2 - A future NFL Pro-Bowler
#1 - The heart, and teeth, of the offense
- Also from Condotta, a look at the rise of former Husky QB, Brock Huard, in the broadcasting world. Personally, I'm pleased to see Brock rising so well. I think he is right to focus on objectivity, but I do think he is trying a little hard to be "objective" by overemphasizing opinions that one would not normally associate with a UW QB alum. Still, I'm nitpicking. It is great to see guys like Damon Huard, Brock Huard and Ed Cunningham all doing well.
- Completing my Condotta tour de force, a link to his blog post breaking down the UW roster by class year. I have zero doubt that this was inspired by Cassino's post last week looking at the same question. Of course, now we can see who the paid journalist is and who the blogger is.
- Joe Davidson at the Sacremento Bee has quotes from Shaq Thompson concerning his summer baseball experience. I have a feeling this kid is going to have a chip on his shoulder this fall.
- Could former UW receiver, Marcel Reece, be facing a position change? Marcel, who plays for the Raiders, started out as a TE in the pros and shifted to FB a few years ago. After ending his holdout, it looks like he is going to get more looks as an H-back and ball carrier.
- After a brutal knee injury and a lengthy road to recovery, Donald Butler has gotten his legs back. I love Donald but, hey, he's no Shayne Skov.
- As I have noted in other Dots, Jake Locker continues to get a grip on the starting Titan's QB job. I really would rather see Matt win the job and have the keys transition to Jake naturally somewhere mid-season, but if he earns it outright, good for him.
- Isaiah Thomas is hosting a skills camp for kids in Sacremento. Of course he is. This kid never quits working and doing good. He's really embraced the role model persona despite being "Mr. Irrelevant" just one year ago. What a great story.
- Speaking of basketball, the Husky Haul as a "way too early" preview of the Men's non-conference schedule. Good reading.