Folks in 'dese parts remember what a real storm was like. Ya' listenin' boy? Ya' wake up and ya' smell it. Like steamy manure burnin' your lungs. There's crackles in the air and then it starts coming at ya'. Wind starts swirlin', pickin' up hay, turds and whatever ya' neighbors left lyin' aroun'. Dots are flyin' everywhere. You look out the window, because that's how stupid ya are, and ol' Bessie is shootin' through the air like she blasted out a circus cannon or sumfin'. Dis is gonna be one a dem.
- Today was the start of our first Game Week. Divish recaps Sark's presser. Lots of tidbits here including updates on some injuries and a discussion on the five true frosh guaranteed to play.
- Mason Kelly videoed a piece on the Stadium project:
- The Husky Haul ponders what the "next step" looks like ... and says that Sark needs to pull an upset to take it.
- Condotta writes that the Huskies learned their lesson from the Eastern Washington game last year and will come out vs a much tougher SDSU team with guns blazin'.
- Jon Wilner, a Stanford beat writer, picks UW to beat Stanford in Seattle this year. Kirk wrote a letter to the editor calling for Jon to be fired for being batshit crazy.
- Kevin Gemmell continues with ESPNs "Top 25" of the PAC. Keith Price is #5. If you are following this list, it has started to reach absurd heights. It is almost as if we are watching different teams altogether. With a 5 rating, Keith is going to be behind some people that he probably shouldn't be including DeAnthony Thomas. Not saying that he isn't great ... because he is ... but the man touched the ball twice in the Rose Bowl. Twice. Granted, the results were spectacular. Still, how indispensable are you if the game plan calls for you to be in on two plays? Along those lines, how is Shayne Skov on this list but Des Trufant and Josh Shirley are not? Huh?
- Also from the same blog, their game week power rankings. I'll give you 12 guesses on where the Huskies are.
- The Colorado SBN site, The Ralphie Report, previews their game with the Huskies this season. The comments thread is a little light - let's go help them out (please represent the UWDP well)
- Speaking of SBN sites, CougCenter previews the Apple Cup. I also recommend checking it out, and it looks like many of you have already.
- OregonLive previews the Huskies in 2012. Always nice to know what the enemy is saying about you.
- Former Husky, Dashon Goldson, finally signed his contract. Uhh, yeah, that looks good.
- Look who has a blog. Hints: He's tall, dark, handsome and he makes the sorority chicks all gaddy.
- The Lady Huskies soccer team beat Syracuse in a tight one. Go Dawgs!