This man is a backup at safety. Seriously? Depth is good.
Can you feel that? Gawd, it feels like my skin is crawling with dots. It is frightening but, yeah, I kinda like it.
- Ted Miller has is annual best case/worst case on Washington. I have to say, this is some of the more entertaining writing that Ted has ever produced. A fun read.
- Ryan Divish takes a look at the UW Running Back positions. Fair to say that he expects a significant step backwards. While I agree that we will sorely miss the grinder plays that see contact after 1 yard turn into 5 yards, I do think that there is more big play ability on the field with both Sankey and Callier. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.
- Can Kasen Williams break through and become an elite receiver this year? Good question.
Fox News does a somewhat vanilla preview of UW. I link to it because it is always interesting to see how the broad national media perceives our program.
- Condotta wrote this nice article on the UW Husky O-Line. The Husky Haul takes a look at the nastiness that is Colin Tanigawa. I have long thought that concerns over the UW offensive line were overplayed given a) how bad it was last year and b) the high potential of the young talent that have been recruited the last few years. I don't expect these guys to be a top 10 unit, but I expect streaks of dominance every so often, the likes of which we haven't seen since the 90's. There is a great balance of leadership (Schaefer), versatility (Kohler), physicality (Riva, Hatchie), scrappiness (Tanigawa) and depth (Charles, Atoe, Brostek). Continued skill development and experience is all that is lacking at this point.
- Get hyped.
- From the *uckers ... Marcus Mariota has won the Oregon job. This was predicted in the Gekko file based only on my observations from the Spring Game. I'm very impressed with the young man - great dual-threat skills and a natural, leader's personality. He is going to be a stud. I only hope that he struggles as he goes through his learning curve. As for Bryan Bennett, I'd be shocked if he doesn't transfer immediately. Even if he loves his team, he needs to play if he wants to get to the next level. That will now only happen if MM goes down.
- This was posted before the Titans game on Thursday, but I thought you'd like to see it. CBS Sports looks at the maturation of Jake Locker with several player / coach testimonials including extensive comments from Titans WR and former Husky, Devin Aguilar.
- On the golf side, Chris Williams has been recognized as the top amateur golfer in the world.
- There was a real game yesterday and the Huskies Volleyball team swept Boise State in an impressive opener.
- Mason Kelly takes a look at the upcoming Men's BBall tour of Africa with comments from Aziz N'Dyiae. This is going to be an amazing trip that I hope really brings the team together.
- Also from Mason, his segment on ESPNU