Jake made his successful return to Seatlle last night when the Titans visited the Seattle Ducks. Seriously, what is with those uniforms?
Happy Dot Day, Jey. 34 never looked so good. Seriously. YOWZA!
Deontae Cooper spoke to the media yesterday and Condotta wrote it up (with video). What do you need to know? Let's see:
"There were no why me (moments)"
"I'm going to catch a break sooner or later"
"Don't sleep on me".
This kid is amazing. Godspeed.
- Here is the GoHuskies report from practice including recaps of a few big plays on the defensive side of the ball.
- Also from Condotta, a recap on the the first two-a-day of Camp and news of another LB injury. For those keeping track, the LB depth chart now includes the equipment manager, the waterboy, the old lady in the ticket office and Scott Woodward (who technically has four years of eligibility remaining).
- Drew Schaefer spoke up yesterday. It is no wonder he is the leader of the line.
- The Huskies took a field trip to the Titans vs Seahawks pre-season game last night. Several former Huskies were in attendance - Jermaine Kearse, Devin Aguilar, some chump named Jake. Divish has the details.
- Mason Kelly has some great content coming out over at his HuskyNation blog on ESPN. In this article, he covers the sagacity that is Cody Bruns. Cody is going to be an important cog in the Husky wheel this season - I don't think there is any doubt about that.
- Also from Mason, a look at Elijah Qualls and his goal to be the Huskies "recruiter of the year" ($). Yeah, I think he's motivated.
- The Huskies are recruiting a mountain of a man from New Zealand ($). Oh, and he's 26 years old.
- The San Diego St. Aztecs, UW's first opponent of the season, is considering a mathematical change in their strategy.
- For those who are still following him, it looks like Joshua Garnett is turning heads down on the Farm. The Cardinal are, apparently, now leaning on starting two true frosh on the O-Line this season. So much for all that other depth that has been boasted about.
- Still on your heels over this whole Mark McLaughlin business? There still aren't a ton of details out there, but Percy has dug in and written up this excellent assessment of the situation including a look at the roster implications.