I don't care much for sweetened iced tea and I think yellow cherries are an aberration of nature. I'm a Dots guy, myself. Oh, and Scotch. I like Scotch.
- Pre Snap Read has Washington as the #52 team in its countdown. It might seem underwhelming to you all, but there really isn't much justification to place us higher. A snapshot in time does not indicate a direction trending. Most interesting is that they include a snippet from their forecast for UW from last year.
- The Husky Haul takes a critical look at forecasting how much improvement we can expect in the Husky D this year in part II of their series on the subject.
Ryan Divish takes a look at UW's upcoming night game against LSU. Divish notes, interestingly, that "Since 1960, LSU is 201–59–3 (.773) in night games at Husky Stadium." Looks like Ryan has a serious case of Gekko-itis.
- Not surprisingly, Keith Price has been named to the Davey O'Brien Award watchlist. He joins Matt Barkley and Jeff Tuel from the Pac 12.
- Also not surprisingly, Jesse Callier made the watch list for the Doak Walker award. There are 52 candidates on the list and, as Ted Miller notes, eight are from the Pac 12.
- Here is a link to the initial schedule for the Pac 12 Washington network which launches on Aug 15 (PDF).
- As you all know, Shaq Thompson is trying his hand at a little baseball. The experiment hasn't gone so well as of yet. Click through to see his rather exceedingly dismal stats. Of course, Shaq was drafted not for his skill but for his athletic potential. We shouldn't be surprised. The good news is that he's healthy.
- Husky commit, Troy Williams, is at the Elite Eleven Finals in Redondo Beach. Included is a video interview conducted by Scott Enyeart (who you ought to follow on Twitter if you entertain such things).
- This 49ers fan is very glad to have Dashon Goldson - even if it is under a one-year franchise tag.
- Steve Kelley checks in with Terrence Ross who has had an up and down summer league so far.
- Percy has a nice interview with incoming UW big man, Gilles Dierickx (it is going to take me a year before I can spell that without having to look it up.
- A true Husky great, Isaiah Thomas, is giving back in a way that brings pride to HuskyNation. He also has a UW diploma now in hand. Congrats, IT!