People are already talking about Justin Wilcox as head coaching material. Much rides on what he can do with the Husky D in 2012. Let's presume he'll be somewhat motivated.
Hope is not a strategy. But Dots? Well ... they could rule the world.
- Relinking to Ben Knibbe's great Q&A on RTC regarding the men's bball team in 2012-13. Great stuff from Ben.
- I forgot to hit this last week, but UW is no longer in the hunt for the nation's top bball recruit, Jabari Parker.
- Here is a nice post-Manning Camp analysis from an NFL Network columnist. He actually got to know the kids that went through the camp and had interesting insights on several. Of course, he covered Keith Price and found all the things you already know. "Smaller than expected"..."Above average in all areas"... "Great personality, easy to like"...etc. He also had some fresh takes on Bryan Bennett and Jeff Tuel. Nice read.
- Rant Sports takes a look at the trajectory for Justin Wilcox. It is a good read. I also like it because you will find the same "Men's Testosterone Boost" ads that you find on the front page of the Dawgpound PLUS you get the chance to link through to a ladies MMA photo gallery at the bottom of the article, if you are so inclined. I love the Internet.
- I saw Condotta link to this, so apologies if you already saw it ... but I couldn't resist. At least one LA writer thinks that UW is going to upset USC in 2012. He calls it the one regular season game that he thinks the Trojans will lose.
- Also from Condotta, a great recap of Phil Steele's forecast for the Huskies in 2012. For those of you who have been sweating his prediction that UW will finish behind Cal and Oregon State, here is your explanation.
- Hey, there has been a Chris Williams sighting! This story popped up on the radar and covers Chris taking on a former mentor in an Amateurs tournament.