1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts... Great Dot! That's impossible.
- Daryle Hier thinks that Phil Steele has UW under rated and he says so ... emphatically.
- Ted Miller lists UW as the third most attractive job in the PAC. Not that I disagree with it, but I have to wonder about the criteria he used. It seems to me that job attractiveness is a combination of availability of assets required to win consistently and quality of life in your surrounding areas. If these are the criterion, I would think programs like USC, UCLA, UW and ASU would be tops on the list, Cal, Colorado, Oregon, Stanford middle of the list and WSU, Oregon St, Utah and Arizona bottom of the list. That's just me, though.
- Also from Miller, his opinion that the Dawgs offensive line is in "we'll see" mode. I can't disagree with his notion that the line last year was bad (they were) ... but I continue to think that the injury concerns are getting somewhat blown out of proportion and that relatively speaking, the Huskies are in no worse shape than Cal, UCLA or Utah. He also gives Stanford credit for their recruiting class although it is likely that none of them will actually see the field this year ... this seems absurd.
- Here is a 2012 Husky preview from Opposing Views - with some comments from beat writer extraordinaire, Bobby C!
- For those following Huskies in the NFL, the Dashon Goldson clock is still ticking.
- KC Joyner discusses what we already know ... that ASJ is an awesome fit for Coach Sark ($). Makes me wonder when the next great TE recruit is going to sign up. Also, ASJ made the watch list for the Mackey Award.
- In what is definitely a blow to their offense, Stanford announced that reserve RB Tyler Gaffney has given up football to focus on baseball. Gaffney had over 500 yards and 8 TDs last season.
- The Husky Haul completed their ranking of the most important Husky Men's BBall players going into the season. I can't argue with number 1, but I do wonder about number 2.
- The Lady Dawgs have a new Euro recruit.