I'll get you, my pretty, and your little Dots, too.
- The buzz this weekend is the UW championship performance in rowing. Here is the story on fallen teammate, Pete Allen, who was killed in a climbing accident last year. This is must-read material. It was also covered in the Seattle Times.
- John Boyle wrote this wonderful piece on Johnie Kirton last night. Another must-read on a Sunday morning.
- SB Nation Seattle has this profile on UW Bball target, Aaron Gordon. Yeah, he's nasty.
- Percy Allen says that UW is building a basketball pipeline into Oregon. I'm sure that has Duck fans thrilled.
- Chad Ford visited a private workout and came away with his thoughts on the #1 PG in the upcoming draft and being most impressed by, who else, Terrence Ross. ($) Specifically, he says that Ross has some big advantages compared to the other highly rated two guards in the draft including Jeremy Lamb, Austin Hill and Bradley Beale. These include being the tallest, being the most athletic and being the best shooter. Uhhh, what else is there?
- Take this with a grain of salt:
Brandon Roy is considering Lakers should he come back. I say he's coming back 4 sure...but to Warriors, where ex-agent Bob Myers is GM— Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) June 1, 2012
- I don't know if this got linked elsewhere, but Lawyer Milloy and Dave Hoffman both got elected to the UW Hall of Fame. Although Milloy came a year or two after our NC season, both players hold a place in my heart as true ballers in an era where defense meant something and UW was as nasty as there was. I was in school as the same time and I'm thrilled for them. Congrats to both men.
Enjoy a peaceful Sunday, Dawg Fans. Go do some good out there.