Don James was wearing flat-billed caps before it was cool. He was also a proponent of Women's sports before it was cool. In fact, he was cool before cool was cool.
I've noticed that God gives you eyes that are good for 40 years, but tickers that are good for 60. Maybe he thinks that the last twenty years of your life ain't worth watching. It's a mystery, just like Dots. I, nevertheless, looked forward to her letter every month, even if I couldn't read the sumabitch.
- ESPN ranked Pac 12 "facilities" and they gave points for the potential of ongoing projects. With that, you may be surprised where UW landed on the list.
- This is a few weeks old, but I think I missed it before. Athlons previewed the Pac 12 and picked UW to have a 6-3 conference record. Definitely one of the more optimistic previews that I've seen.
- Also from Athlon's is their pre-season All Pac 12 teams. Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the only Dawg on a first team, although I think Trufant probably should have been there over Robey - tough call. Otherwise, it seems pretty fair. I was impressed with how highly they thought of Sean Parker and Hau'oli Jamora. I thought Shirley also should have rated a little over Scott Chrichton, but these are details.
- Building of the momentum of last week's Gekko File on Utah, Ute fans debate who their toughest matchup of the season will be outside of USC. The poll results are a landslide.
- Here is a story on the looming decision by uber recruit and why UW is in the mix. Bottom line, Tosh Lopoi is having an impact and getting us in on players that we may not have had much of a shot at before. Given the overhaul still underway on D, July 1 could be a big day for Wilcox and co.
- The Rising Stars camp is underway and, yes, Condotta has it covered. It's loaded this year.
- Also going on right now is Troy Williams, who is apparently tearing it up in SoCal this week.
- Oh, and he looks good in purple:
Oh, and he not only likes Husky Gear, he also likes Husky Fans. Check out this tweet below. I know that a lot of folks didn't like his little selection day prank, but, by all accounts, this is a great kid.
- Bleacher Report has one of their famous "top 10 slideshows" this one chronicling the best Apple Cups "ever"... or at least in the last three decades. I actually agree with their number 1 as it was definitely one of the most memorable Apple Cups I've personally seen.
- Some of you may be too young to care about this, but I also know that some of you (like me) are parents to daughters. The Seattle Times did a great piece on UW and Title IX over the years. Condotta wrote the piece and quotes Chris Gorbrecht extensively throughout. There are several "I bet you didn't know" nuggets in there including commentary on The Dawgfather, himself. Check it out and be proud.
Troy Williams putting on a show out here, very elite QB!— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) June 23, 2012
Love this kid RT @bartonsimmons: Washington is getting a good one on Troy Williams. Made some elite throws today.— Full Ride (@BR_FullRide) June 23, 2012
U Dubb fans are better than any others hands down #woof— Smiley (@TroyWilliams_3) June 22, 2012
That's it Dawgs. I'm sorry I haven't been around the blog more lately. My web browsing always goes down in the summer time as there isn't always a ton of UW news out there. I hope you are otherwise enjoying the new lineup of materials coming from the Dawgpound and I assure you that the volume of dots will be directly proportional to the volume of news going forward.