The sun was breaking through as the mist rolled lightly off of the surface of the water. Dots were everywhere. All was as it should be.
Matt Hayes has a very nice article on Keith Price. Even more compelling than the Alamo Bowl performance as an indicator of 2012 success is the leadership that this young man continues to demonstrate. I know it sounds cliche, but when you see him quoted, the nature of the comments he's made this past off-season are more frank, more accountable and more forceful than the "aw shucks" stuff we got from him last year. I'm eager to see if he can parlay that into results on the field.
Coach Sark was on the Kevin Calabro show (Podcast). Biggest tidbit was his continuing stance that he's not all that concerned about the o-line. Honestly, neither am I. Not that I'm satisfied with it, but my perspective is that we did what we did last year behind a really crappy o-line. With the injuries and the youth, it didn't meet expectations. Going into this year, there is definitely uncertainty. However, I'm not sure that we were not already at our lowest point. Can we not only go up? Regardless, the entire unit - starters and backups - are all a little older, a little stronger and a little more experienced. The depth isn't ideal, but there is enough. I'm going to spend the off-season worrying more about other things. Like how good Oregon is and why Sundodger and Cassino can't seem to agree on what shade of purple is best.
- Bob Condotta updates us on some Huskies who made Phil Steele's pre-season All Pac 12 team. Usual suspects showed up along with a few surprises. Austin Seferian-Jenkins was our only first teamer.
- SB Nation interviews the #20 ranked LB in the nation ... and Husky commit ... Sean Constantine.
- Here is another look at the QB competition in Tennessee between Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker. I expect that I'll be linking to many of these stories over the off-season. That said, I don't anticipate Jake beating out Matt, at least to start. Neither QB is likely to drive a Super Bowl season, so why wouldn't you want to save Jake for when you know it is absolutely the time to turn the page?
- Is Washington a trap game for this national powerhouse? Given that it is in Seattle and that we'll have already been tested by similar elite competition, you can't write it off.
- PFW posits that the Eagles may have found a backup to LeSean McCoy. Because every team needs a War Daddy in their arsenal.
- A scouting report on Terrence Ross. Hint: they like his ups.
- First round of the Men's Golf tourney is over. UW sits in fourth seven shots off the lead.
- Can the Husky ladies reclaim their mojo? Up next is Harvard.
That's it Dawgs. Go have a nice day.