Is this man worried about a Date with the Dawgs? (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
Don't be cruel. Dots have feelings, too.
- Men's Golf is getting some pub with former NCAA National Freshman of the Year, Chris Williams, continuing to set the pace. He is currently the 8th ranked amatuer in the world and he is leading the UW team into the NCAA Tournament that kicks off tomorrow. Todd Miles calls Williams the best golfer in UW history. I think this is pretty much indisputable.
- All the late season hype wasn't enough to get Isaiah Thomas anywhere close in the NBA ROY race - he finished a very distant seventh behind a lot of other guys including Klay Thompson. Though his stats were impressive as a starter, they apparently were not good enough to overcome his early stint on the bench or the fact that his team was probably the second worst in the NBA. Look for IT to be carrying a little chip on his shoulder next year. Either way, he had a great season.
- The Husky Softball team is in the NCAAs for the 19th straight year. This isn't the best squad they've rolled out over the past several years, but they open up against Harvard and, as they say, there is always a chance!
- Here is a recap on rowing championship news from around the country. You already know that the UW Men's Crew team took home the Pac 12 championships. You may have also heard that the Women's team has just been selected to challenge in the NCAA's. Interestingly, they are just one of four programs to have participated in every tournament since it's inception in the 90's. Go Crew!
- Bummer news coming out of the NCAA Tennis Tournament: The Huskies got bounced by Pepperdine and will not be moving on into the Sweet 16. The Dawgs finished the season 17-9.
- Here is some more non-revenue news from the Seattle Times including a recap of James Alaka's record-setting track performance and news on the UW Baseball team getting swept by UCLA.
- Interesting debate here on who is most likely to challenge USC, Oregon and Stanford for premier status in the 2012 Pac 12 season. Hint: the favorites are Cal, Utah and you-know-who.
- Ted Miller has a wrap on the Washington Huskies Spring Practices. Nothing you don't already know, but interesting to see it summarized so concisely.
- Bruce Feldman takes a look across the nation and recaps his "top surprises of the spring". Look who's number two. Then, look who's number seven.
- Chris Low calls UW at LSU one of the best SEC non-conference games of the season. Speaking of LSU, here is a Todd McShay tweet on their DEs. Cassino noted Twitter that these beasts will be matched against two OTs with zero career starts before next season. Take that as you will.
Studying these LSU DE's right now.Man they're talented.Montgomery is a better football player today but Mingo is a freakish athlete.— Todd McShay (@McShay13) May 15, 2012