Dots? Hell yeah, I got dots. Don't you?
- At the risk of pissing off 206, here is a Draft Profile on Keith Price. Interesting set of opinions contained herein. Of note, the author calls Keith an "intriguing" prospect with better than advertised arm strength but prone to "wild bouts of inaccuracy".
- Vince Ferrarra caught up with Jake Locker as part of a fan fest tour through Knoxville, TN. He called Jake "extremely impressive". It's a good read and links to this video of the interview which spans a variety of topics including Jake's take on the Tennessee offense contrasted with the Husky offense.
- Husky alum and current 49er Pro-Bowler, Dashon Goldson, is not yet in camp as he waits to sign his franchise tag tender. I'd like to make a shout out to Dashon. He is one of the more forgotten studs to have come out of our program in the past decade. Dashon was a gamer for the Huskies - playing both CB and S for our defense. Together with CJ Wallace, he was instrumental in making what were otherwise some challenged defenses into respectable units that contributed to several wins. Because he played during "the slide", his contributions tend to get lost in the grand scheme of things. I'm a big Dashon fan and I'm happy to see him make a Pro Bowl after literally getting cut by the 49ers to start last season.
- Expect to see a lot of Chris Polk coverage as he is quickly becoming one of the most talked about NFL rookies in the 2012 season ... partly because he was a surprise UDFA and partly because he is one bad-ass War Daddy.
- Awesome Hoopsworld story on Isaiah Thomas. Click through and read about his story on his "welcome to the NBA moment". Hint: it involves Kobe Bryant.
- Here is a vote, and justification, for IT in the Rookie of the Year race.
- The Huskies fell to the Bruins for the second straight game as their recent hot streak comes to an end. I like to our friends at Bruin Nation because they do great baseball coverage. Maybe they will unban me at some point. Or not.
- Linked is more great non-revenue sports coverage from the Seattle Times. Of note is the ending of the Ladies Golf season.
- Yes, that is Kavario Middleton getting a tryout with the Seattle Seahawks
That's it for sports dots. If you are interested in a totally off-topic curiosity, click through the jump. The good news is that it is totally PG rated. The bad news is that it is very disturbing.
...and, yes, that is a woman breast feeding a kindergartner on the cover of Time Magazine. What is amazing to me is the, errr, girth of that young man on what is a rather unlikely diet.