Is this man the #1 threat to Oregon's Pac12 hopes in 2012? ... no, the other guy. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
"That's all ya got?" she said, with some disdain in her voice. "Yeah," I replied, "It's a tough time to be a dot. Offseason, and all".
- Bud Withers leads off with his predictions for the Pac 12 North this season. What is surprising isn't so much who he has in first place, it is who he doesn't have in last place...as well as who he has in second place. Apparently, he doesn't value competent QB play.
- Rant Sports ruminates on the upcoming Pac 12 season and highlights a certain program as a key factor that may influence the outcome of the season. While I generally agree with the premise that Stanford is primed to be overtaken in the North, I struggle to see how Oregon isn't better post LMJ and post DAT. Any jitters that the replacement players may have will surely be worked out as Oregon cruises through their ridiculously easy first half schedule. They are legit national title contenders next year.
- Bob Condotta has more Q&A in his mailbag. I heart Bob. And I know he reads this blog. Don't you, Bob? By the way, see if you can catch his subtle snark in the linked post.
- The Morning Call (Lehigh Valley) is impressed with the Eagles's crop of rookies - especially Chris Polk.
- Softy Mahler had Polk's agent, Steve Caric, on his show yesteday.
- Steeler alum continue to be impressed with Alameda Ta'amu. Recently retired Steeler DL Chris Hoke is very bullish on the big man and offers some interesting views on what it takes to be a successful interior lineman in the league.
- More debate on the Hasselbeck vs Locker situation in Nashville. This really is a no-lose situation for Jake.
- SI has an awesome way-too-early discussion on the upcoming Pac12 roundball season. A lot has been made about UCLA's class, but this Dawg is more concerned about the move Arizona is going to make this season. They've been recruiting length and, frankly, they have a flat out better coach. Watch out for the 'Cats next season.
- This is a couple of weeks old, but I just saw it after linking to it from Divish's blog. It is Chad Ford's latest mock NBA draft. It has some interesting comments about Tony Wroten as both a player and a teammate. It also has Terrence Ross going to the Sixers.
- Chris Madden thinks that the Pistons should avoid drafting Tony Wroten. Why do I link this here? Well, because our Duck friends at ATQ are the #1 source of page views every day and I don't want them to think that I only link to the articles that stroke the Huskies. There is that and the fact that this is a Bleacher Report article which should further knot them up as they struggle synching their disdain for B/R with their impulse to agree with them.
- A roundup of non-revenue sports action, including the Husky Men's Tennis Team winning in the first round of their tournament. This is their NCAA championship tourney - good luck and go Dawgs.