Hello Dawg Fans,
The dull days of summer are now underway. Here are some dots for all that ails ya'.
- ESPN "On The Trail" has a snippet on new commit Dane Crane.
- Connor O'Brien is a Dawg. He's a teammate of Dane Crane. He's a member of California Div 1 Champs Santa Margarita. He's tall.
- Dallin Leavitt liked his trip to Washington. I'm not exactly sure how a kid from my alma mater (Central Catholic, Portland OR) ends up being a commit to BYU ... but, hey, it happens.
- Arizona stud Jalen Ortiz also chatted about his Washington visit. Sounds like it was a good weekend.
- Want to know who CBS Sports thinks failed to standout during the Husky's spring practices? There are three of them on this list, and one of them is going to be a disappointment ... if you choose to take stock in this analysis.
- In the interest of fair and balanced reporting, CBS Sports has another three who helped themselves.
- Todd Dybas thinks that there is one clear priority for UW Football in 2013: I'll give you three guesses. Ok, one guess.
- If you haven't been paying attention to all this talk about playoffs, here is the latest format being debated. Personally, I think that this is could be a brilliantly conceived compromise for a plus 1 scheme.
- The Ducks had their spring game last weekend. One-time Husky Recruit Marcus Mariota was very impressive (I confess, I watched it) and I have to believe that he has seized the upper hand in the QB battle up in Eugene. Imagine the Ducks, with a passing game. Yikes.
- Condotta got some Q&A in with Mel Kiper, Jr. The subject of Keith Price came up.
The Eagles may take advantage of the Chris Polk signing by reducing LeSean McCoy's workload. Interestingly, Andy Reid was quoted today as saying that they gave CP1 a fourth round grade. If they had actually drafted him in the fourth round, how would the local media in Philly be speculating on the pecking order? Just curious.
- Speaking of Polk, ever wonder if any other undrafted free agents ever made it big? The answer? Not really.
- Been wondering about Mark Brunell? He's not done yet.
Husky Haul ponders what makes a good Men's Basketball Schedule. The glib answer is any schedule that avoids Marquette and Duke back to back. And Jack-Rabbits altogether.
- Like golf? Like Washington? Click here.
- Finally, in case you didn't know it, tasers kill. Don't get tazed.