Rich Eisen is covering your NFL Draft this weekend. By the way, he was the only media member outide of Eugene that I heard say he felt that LaMichael James to the 49ers was a good pick... because, you know, they don't have enough RBs. (Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)
Good Morning, Dawg Fans.
Disappointing showing for the Huskies in the NFL Draft thus far. I think we all expected Alameda to be off the board by this point and I know that we were all hoping to see a little more respect for Chris Polk and his overall War Daddiness. To the former, I can't say much other than you reap what you sow. 'Meda wasn't productive enough on tape and isn't a workout marvel. We know what he can do when he's focused, but he didn't bring it enough the last two years. On the latter, I am surprised that he has fallen as far as he has among the RBs - but it is pretty clear that most of the RBs selected ahead of him are "change of pace" guys who are going into situations where a solid 1 and 2 down guy is already there. Outside of Richardson, a true between the tackles grinder has yet to be taken.
And, your dots.
- The Sporting News says that Alameda Ta'amu is the best available player as round 3 kicks off today at 9am PDT.
- Husky Haul takes a look at where CP may land. I will note this fact: for those of you that watched the NFL Network's coverage of the Draft last night, you may have noted Mike Mayock's comments on Polk during their wrap up show. He said that "half the teams have taken Chris Polk completely off their board" due to "medical concerns". He also noted that it is a shame give that Polk made 38 consecutive starts but that a "degenerative condition" (he was not specific) was scaring teams off. I don't know what to make of that. Regardless, we may be seeing the end of the "everydown back" in college football if guys like Chris Polk who showed that they could do it for three straight years can't get rewarded for it at the end.
- I missed this a few days ago, but this Madison, WI site noted Polk as a super sleeper. And there are some interesting comments from Sark.
- Ted Miller's Mailbag has some interesting tidbits in it. Included are some comments from him on how to interpret the dominance of the UW D so far this spring.
- Also from Ted, a look at who he sees as UW's "under the radar" player in 2012. Hint, he is a senior. Who plays offense. Who is under all our radar.
- Divish has 3 things to watch for in the Spring game. Oddly enough, he didn't mention the kickers. Or the absence of a certain bald-headed anti-hero.
- Bob has a nice positional run down as the spring concludes. Questions ... and a few answers.
- Here is a run-down of today's Spring games from across the country. Washington and Oregon St are noted.
- The Husky Men's Baseball team whipped Utah in the series opener....
- ...and the ladies's Softball team got a whipping at the hands of a very strong ASU team.
Have a sunny day, Dawg Fans. For anyone attending the Spring game, please feel free to post a thread or get some commentary written up so that we can post it. We value your participation and your insights.