NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 26: Andrew Luck (R) and Roger Goodell at the NFL Draft (Photo by Chris Chambers/Getty Images)
So, how about that draft last night? Fireworks galore! I can't really speak to the Seahawks pick because my buddy here in Memphis - a WV alum - is bragging that we got the best pass rusher in the history of his conference. I can speak on former Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren. I'm very glad he is over blowing up the Cleveland franchise and not one that I care about.
Oh, and no Huskies were selected in the first round. And no Ducks. Or Cougs. And, surprise, only two Cardinal. Interesting.
Here's your dots.
- Condotta linked to this story regarding the BC Lions signing Cody Habben and Ben Ossai. Good for those guys in catching on with the CFL champs. Still, it is a reminder that the CFL is about the same as college football minus the best talent that gets drafted into the NFL.
- You wanted playoffs. You are going to get Playoffs. The question is whether or not you are ready to make the tradeoffs that will inevitably have to be made. If you read Ted Miller, you know that what happens to the Rose Bowl is foremost in his mind - and he supports the notion that the Rose Bowl should be the perennial home for the National Championship.
- A couple of days old, but this Condotta article on walk-on Tre Watson is definitely worth a read.
And, since I'm at it, let's link to another Condotta story about a walk-on. This one is on KC Herren - a former Texas Ranger minor leaguer who is living the Tripper Johnson dream with the Dawgs.
- Back to the Draft - this Bleacher Report article speculates that Chris Polk would be a great pick for the Pakcers.
- The USA Today has two Huskies going in the second round today. The order in which they come off the board, and the teams that select them, may surprise.
- This Vikings fan really wants to see a Husky continue his tradition of wearing purple.