Roulette? Ah, man, don't play roulette. Worst odds in the house. If you really want to make some good Dots, ya' gotta play Craps. Dots and Craps go together like Apples and Pie.
- It's Vegas! Todd Dybas has all the news and notes surrounding the announcement. I could have gone with any of the beat writers, but I like that Todd so creatively found a way to work the word "viva" into his article. I mean, who can do that? Brilliant.
- The AP (Tim Booth) says that UW is trying to move on from the Apple Cup debacle and is excited about the challenge presented by a ranked Broncos team.
- Dr. Saturday thinks it is the 13th most attractive bowl of the season which, frankly, is probably as good as we could have hoped for and has a lot to do with the Broncos holding us up.
- How sad is it that we are a 7.5 point dog to a MWC team?
- Ted Miller has a set up of the Vegas Bowl from both the Boise St and UW points of view.
- Adding to the intrigue of the Vegas Bowl is that some rumor sites are reporting that Chris Petersen is already on his way to Arkansas. I have to say, I don't believe a word of it. However, a little distraction in Boise can't be bad.
- Speaking of intrigue, how about those lady Volleyballers? After dispatching Central Arkansas and then doing away with a very talented Hawaii squad, UW is on its way to the Sweet 16! Go Dawgs! If anyone has been able to see these games, please make a fanpost with your observations and I'll bump it to the front page.
- The Men's Bball team pulled out a squeaker versus Cal State Fullerton last night. CJ Wilcox was huge. Desmond Simmons was huger.
- Here are highlights:
- Quincy Pondexter, who is quickly becoming a fan favorite here in Memphis, just had his option picked up by the Grizzlies. This is great news for one of the hardest working players in the League.
- In case you missed it, the world lost a gentle soul last weekend when Rick Majerus passed away. John Canzano replayed an interview he had with him a while back. Here were some of Rick's one-liners from that. Godspeed, Coach.
The late Rick Majerus: "Recruiting to UCLA is like recruiting an alcoholic to a New Year's Eve party." 750am now
The late Rick Majerus: "My two favorite golf clubs are the sand wedge and the rake." 750am— John Canzano (@JohnCanzanoBFT) December 3, 2012
Majerus: "We have our greatest gains because of losses." 750am— John Canzano (@JohnCanzanoBFT) December 3, 2012
- Jake Locker is starting to piss off opposing linemen. Good for him.
- As predicted, Alameda Ta'amu is back with the Steelers after having been signed to the practice squad.
- One last Dot: Myles Jack is now getting excited about focusing his energy on recruiting now that the State Championship is wrapped up. Interesting choice of words for a "commit" to UCLA. ($)
- Interested in PAC 12 recruiting? Here is a free recap / analysis from 247sports.com. I like this site because of its user-friendliness, but I think they are very heavily biased towards the East Coast. Still, worth a look. The reader comments are always entertaining (ahem, Duck fans).
Reminder to all my Fellows in Dots: Stay safe - it is a crazy, bullets whizzing, choppers flying, people shootin' kind of world out there: