A little of this and a lot of that. And you'll like it.
Roulette? Ah, man, don't play roulette. Worst odds in the house. If you really want to make some good Dots, ya' gotta play Craps. Dots and Craps go together like Apples and Pie.
- It's Vegas! Todd Dybas has all the news and notes surrounding the announcement. I could have gone with any of the beat writers, but I like that Todd so creatively found a way to work the word "viva" into his article. I mean, who can do that? Brilliant.
- The AP (Tim Booth) says that UW is trying to move on from the Apple Cup debacle and is excited about the challenge presented by a ranked Broncos team.
- Dr. Saturday thinks it is the 13th most attractive bowl of the season which, frankly, is probably as good as we could have hoped for and has a lot to do with the Broncos holding us up.
- How sad is it that we are a 7.5 point dog to a MWC team?
- Ted Miller has a set up of the Vegas Bowl from both the Boise St and UW points of view.
- Adding to the intrigue of the Vegas Bowl is that some rumor sites are reporting that Chris Petersen is already on his way to Arkansas. I have to say, I don't believe a word of it. However, a little distraction in Boise can't be bad.
- Speaking of intrigue, how about those lady Volleyballers? After dispatching Central Arkansas and then doing away with a very talented Hawaii squad, UW is on its way to the Sweet 16! Go Dawgs! If anyone has been able to see these games, please make a fanpost with your observations and I'll bump it to the front page.
- The Men's Bball team pulled out a squeaker versus Cal State Fullerton last night. CJ Wilcox was huge. Desmond Simmons was huger.
- Here are highlights:
- Quincy Pondexter, who is quickly becoming a fan favorite here in Memphis, just had his option picked up by the Grizzlies. This is great news for one of the hardest working players in the League.
- In case you missed it, the world lost a gentle soul last weekend when Rick Majerus passed away. John Canzano replayed an interview he had with him a while back. Here were some of Rick's one-liners from that. Godspeed, Coach.
The late Rick Majerus: "Recruiting to UCLA is like recruiting an alcoholic to a New Year's Eve party." 750am now— John Canzano (@JohnCanzanoBFT) December 3, 2012
The late Rick Majerus: "My two favorite golf clubs are the sand wedge and the rake." 750am— John Canzano (@JohnCanzanoBFT) December 3, 2012
Majerus: "We have our greatest gains because of losses." 750am— John Canzano (@JohnCanzanoBFT) December 3, 2012
- Jake Locker is starting to piss off opposing linemen. Good for him.
- As predicted, Alameda Ta'amu is back with the Steelers after having been signed to the practice squad.
- One last Dot: Myles Jack is now getting excited about focusing his energy on recruiting now that the State Championship is wrapped up. Interesting choice of words for a "commit" to UCLA. ($)
- Interested in PAC 12 recruiting? Here is a free recap / analysis from 247sports.com. I like this site because of its user-friendliness, but I think they are very heavily biased towards the East Coast. Still, worth a look. The reader comments are always entertaining (ahem, Duck fans).
Reminder to all my Fellows in Dots: Stay safe - it is a crazy, bullets whizzing, choppers flying, people shootin' kind of world out there: