Shhh...this studio is run by USC alums and I don't want them to know that I hate their lilly asses.
Nothing witty, just dots delivered Jimmy-John's fast.
If it were easy, they'd call it Bieber-ball.
- The T'Wolves of the NBA have a lot of Husky news going on at the moment. As you may have heard, Brandon Roy has continued to struggle with the knee problems that prompted his first retirement. He's missed three games now, this after quite a rusty start to the season as noted by T'Wolves bloggers. To make matters even more melancholy for Huskies fans ... the T'Wolves dropped the axe on Will Conroy's quickly fading NBA dreams.
- On the flip side, things are looking better for Quincy Pondexter who has settled into a nice groove for the Memphis Grizzlies and who, as it turns out, has discovered his deeply seeded love for poetry.
- Speaking of alumni, there appears to be more than meets the eye to the story of Alameda Ta'amu's release from the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Tennessee bloggers check in on how the Jake Locker experiment is going so far and, among other things, are impressed with his 60% completion percentage.
- By the way, did you know that Joel McHale (see below) was once a Husky? In fact, he has a Rose Bowl ring.
- Turning to current Huskies, Jack Follman has some things to look out for when the Huskies hit the road to Boulder including this message: DON'T OVERLOOK THE BUFFS!
- CBS Sports gives their weekly preview here. Interestingly, they note this game as virtually "unwatchable". Not sure if they are referencing Coloado's D or Dan Cozetto's one size too small hoodie.
- Pacific Takes has one of their Washington Roundtables with Jack Follman and some other impeccably dressed blogger.
- Did you hear? Desmond Trufant will be going to the Senior Bowl with an eye towards taking is his third or fourth round grade and bumping it up a few rounds.
- Trying to break up the dots with a little video action. I picked up this 60 second clip from Yogi Roth's website (yes, Yogi has a website - did you know that he is an aspiring Director AND Mapmaker? amazing). It was before the Utah game, but I thought it was an interesting take on Keith Price.
- On the hardwood, Todd Dybas has some news and notes as the Huskies hit the road and try to rediscover their mojo with our without Scott Suggs.
- Percy also has his notebook posted on his blog with a rather sad but not unexpected update on recruit Isaac Hamilton.
- For some good news, turn your attention to the Men's Soccer team - they beat Air Force in a play-in game to move on in the NCAA tournament. Go Dawgs!
- The Lady Huskies also delivered some good news as they pulled out an exciting game in overtime versus Seattle U.
- Recruiting is heating up ... the Huskies Men's Golf team has landed super prospect Kevin Kwon! This is a huge get for the Huskies as they continue to build up their BC pipeline. Well, I guess the football jargon doesn't really translate to Golf all that well. Still, Kevin is the Canadian Junior champ and is expected to help continue the excellent momentum being established in the Men's Golf program. Now, if we could just find a way to add Ty to the staff ...