UW: A Defense That Will Blow Your Top - Otto Greule Jr
OSU - What a Rush!...Previewing Cal ... Roundball is Coming
Blimey! He nicked the salmon and spanked the bear! Thar is a true man of woods.
- Wrapping up the OSU game, there has been much debate (and wasted air) around the UW fans coming on to the field following the win. Ken Goe of the Oregonian has some even keeled comments on the subject. Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone cares. Heaven forbid that fans should, you know, have fun at a football game.
- Turning our attention to Cal, our friends at CGB have an exhaustive preview of UW. We can nitpick at little things they get wrong (e.g. listing Kendyl Taylor as a WR), but it is a pretty good review and definitely worth checking out.
- Yahoo! Sports looks at the game from the Cal point of view and calls this a desperate moment for a team that still harbors bowl game hopes.
- You may have heard, but there is an air of intrigue surrounding the status of all-everything WR Keenan Allen.
- Kevin Gemmell, in one of his better "Captain Obvious" moments, says that UW is looking for better performances on the road.
- Jack Follman has is own preview of the game and digs into the details of what we should be looking for from the UW on Friday night.
- Avinash hosts a mini-roundtable with a few Husky bloggers on the trials and tribulations of Keith Price. If you don't want Cassino or I to ban you, link to the article now. Do it.
- As one might imagine, much is being made about the return of Eric Keisau and Tosh Lupoi coming back to Cal in their first game in purple. Todd Dybas, who apparently is not a fan of the UW Dawg Pound (yet), says that the focus on Tosh is particularly acute and that he's trying to play it down. Condotta posts Tosh's Q&A with the media on his blog:
- Speaking of Condotta, he has a few interesting things out there right now. His feature today focuses on Sark's uncanny ability to win the close games - a trend that dates back to the Chris Polk's "God's Play" from a few years ago. There is also a reference to the Most Interesting Man in the World (and we are not talking about Lear Pilot).
- You may have heard already, but another Husky has made it to an active NFL roster. Congrats, Jermaine!
- In a pan-PAC post, Pacific Takes hosts a mini-roundtable on the question as to whether the PAC 12 is, right now, as strong as it has ever been.
- Basketball is imminent. Here is a Q&A with Clifford Kahn to get your roundball juices flowing.
- C.J. Wilcox (yes, he is good) has been named as one of the top Shooters in the country. Missing from the list is Scott Suggs who, as one might guess, has a little to prove after having taken a red shirt last season.