Keith Price's accountability and the buddy/buddy relationship between Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian.
The decline of decency and moral standards among the typical sports fan in modern society cannot be traced to illicit drug use, excessive alcohol consumption, Twitter or Matt Millen. Recent regression analyses demonstrate that the problem is univariate in nature. It's the damn Dots. Puddles the Disney-Duck-Ripoff doesn't help much, either.
- It has been a long couple of days for Keith Price and, man, can you read it in his eyes. Below is the YouTube of his press conference from yesterday. Keith knows that he is not getting it done and, frankly, I've never seen such accountability in a player. Sure, we often get the programmed, cliche, "it's on me" bull crap from players. But watch Keith. This is a deeply personal display from him. I hope he can get this burden off his shoulders and go back to having fun.
- Art Theil covered the press conference above and penned this column on Keith's search to rediscover his swagger.
- Jerry Brewer says "Less is More" when it comes to the UW signal-caller.
- Speaking of Keith, the secret is out: Keith is struggling and the new strategy is to make him beat you if you are an opposing team.
- Condotta has a recap of Sark's "Coach's Show". Note how Sark continues to lobby publicly on behalf of our QB. He is definitely trying to take pressure off of Keith.
- CBS dropped UW in its power poll and implied that the offense is a problem. While I see the logic, I don't think it is too difficult to envision a Power Poll where UW tops the likes of UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon State when it is all said and done.
- I found this amusing: an Oregon fan isn't too pleased with the obnoxious behavior of other Oregon fans.
- Turning attentions to USC week, the UW official website has its weekly preview and detailed game notes.
- The LA Times takes a look at UW's success in recruiting in the Southland and sets up the dialog on what will be an ongoing rivalry between the two programs.
- Also from the LA Times, a look at the Sark and Kiff friendship as parsed together from their respective press conferences yesterday.
- Every week I link to Tim Booth's AP coverage of the game. Here it is as it shows up on the Seattle PI site.
- UW did manage an eye-catching upset: The UW Men's Soccer club upset #8 UCLA in what was an important step forward in the development of this team. The Men's team continues to be undefeated in PAC 12 play.
- Friday marks the official start of camp for the Men's Basketball Team. Percy wants to know: Who's UW's Most Important Player?