Friday! and Larry Scott!
Feeling a little whimsical? Got a yearning for a little bro-mance? A hankering for a little interpersonal personal connection time? Nothing says come-here-so-that-I-can-shake-your-hand-then-punch-you-in-the-face-then-slap-you-on-the-ass-then-give-you-an-appreciative-man-hug-all-under-the-bright-lights-of-a-national-audience like DOTS. Enjoy!
- In case you haven't had enough of Larry Scott and the DirecTV debate, he held an "impromptu" (yeah, right) press conference last night and played the part of politician in order to try to manipulate the fan base in sending in more letters (an exercise that is only slightly more useful than trying to teach a bulldog to crap in a toilet). Here are a couple of clips courtesy our friends at Ralphie Report:
- Speaking of the farce that is the national roll out of the Pac 12 network, the fellas at Conquest Chronicles provided a very thorough analysis of the situation and come to many of the same conclusions (with slightly different twists) that I've shared with you all in the past. Bottom line: for those of you outside of footprint areas, get ready to hunker down if you are not in a position to switch to DISH networks.
- A number of you have pinged me to provide a link on the status of Jon Brockman. He has not granted any interviews since his workout accident a few weeks ago. However, the word is that his recovery is going well and that he has regained full sight in one eye.
- Speaking of b'ball alums, Brandon Roy has officially made his comeback and played well in his first game. According to him, he's gotten great support from fans and fellow players.
- There has been buzz in game threads about that crazy guy jumping up and down on the sidelines and jacking everyone around him way up. Have you seen that guy? Everyone, meet Thump. Ben - we need to get that guy on for Q&A.
- Scott Johnson notes that this is going to be Keith Price's last shot at beating Matt Barkley.
- Somebody is putting USC on upset alert in their preview of this weekend's action.
- Neon Tommy, in what will be the last time I link to him this season, has this Q&A with Huskies beat writer Todd Dybas.
- Dybas goes deep on the USC receivers and breaks down what it is going to take to beat them.
- The boys at the ESPN PAC 12 blog have a few things on the UW/USC game this weekend. First, this look at the Barkley / Price storyline with a focus on each of them trying to find their mojo again. In a poll of the day spot, Gemmell wants to know which PAC 12 QB is under the most pressure this weekend. Finally, a video breakdown of the game by Ted Miller.
- Also from ESPN, a (yet another) look at the budding rivalry taking hold between Steve Sarkisian and Lane Kiffin.
- The Reign of Troy fanblog previews the Washington Defense.
- Finally, a walk on the lighter side. In a clip that is a bit creepy, our good friends at Husky Haul confess their bro-mance for Bishop Sankey. Romantic feelings aside, I think we can all agree that would "love" for Bishop to have a bust-out, welcome-to-prime-time game in a big upset against USC.