Here is a list of five guys who have made an impact and have surprised us a bit with their performance over the first half of the season.
1. QB Keith Price - Most of us felt that he had a good shot at being adequate this season. Four games in and he is an all conference candidate and a budding super star. He is a play maker that makes things happen. Definitely a point guard who also plays quarterback
2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - We all knew that he would be good but he just may rewrite the record book at a position that has been populated by a bus load of current and former NFL players. ASJ seems to be in a larger part of the game plan every week.
3. WR James Johnson - James was all but banished from the line-up last season after suffering a nagging injury in training camp. He came out this season and met the competition head on to grab a starting job. He leads the team with 14 catches and 3 TD's.
4. FS Justin Glenn - Justin had a serious leg injury against Notre Dame two years ago. It took him a full year to get back to 100%. He stepped into replace the injured Nate Fellner and racked up 15 tackles against Nebraska. He is now listed as the co starter at the position.
5. RB Bishop Sankey - He arrived ready to play and got the opportunity when Deontae Cooper was injured again. He carries the ball with authority and is definitely a feature back. With Callier a little banged up and Fogerson out for the season his importance and reps will increase dramatically.