Pondering the pre-season hype and all the camp talk, I decided to jot down some thoughts on who I think is delivering and who has yet to step up so far into the season. I'm going to skip Locker in this conversation because we've beaten that horse to death.
1. Mason Foster - he's delivered consistently and acted as the leader that the defense needs
3. Erik Kohler - the only guy on the O-Line that has shown more than we thought we'd get from him to this point.
4. Erik Folk - man's been solid in the kicking game, though I think we were a little oversold on the longer kickoffs.
1. Cameron Elisara - he hasn't really provided any disruption and is not taking advantage of the extra attention that Ta'amu is getting in the trenches. Plus, I don't recall seeing him shift out to end on any plays which was something that we were told to look out for.
2. Chris Izbicki - so much for the break out. His blocking seems to be better than Middleton's, but I don' t recall seeing him deliver any big ones that freed up a big play. His contributions to the passing game are null.
3. Desmond Trufant - I was hoping to see dominant tendencies to emerge, but he has been pedestrian up to now.
4. Victor Aiyewa - I love his moxie and his commitment, but he looks in over his head at LB. His concussion certainly is a disappointment, I'm sure, to him. I'm prepared to give him more time, but he's not as ready as we may have been led to believe.
I've mostly avoided discussion on true freshmen like Smith and Parker because, really, I don't think we were expecting too much from them this early in the season. There were other guys I considered, but I'll leave them for others to comment on. Curious what you guys think.