A little late in getting things out because of air travel this weekend, but we do our best when on the road.
Let's start off the week by saying that Saturday's game wasn't too bad the final score. The team showed a lot of fight, and should they can find some way to cover punts and kickoffs, I believe our chances of winning the season's final three games are pretty good if Jake is available.
I thought backup QB Keith Price did a good job, though he didn't get much help from his offensive line nor receivers. The one thing I question at this point is his arm strength...other than that I think he played well. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top this spring in the competition to take over from Jake.
The upcoming bye week is huge when it comes to getting this team ready for the final three games. The last time we had a bye we went down to LA and beat the Trojans in the Coliseum. I think the rest will accomplish the same thing this time around.
Withhold judgment on this team and staff until the end of the season.
Pac Ten Power Poll
1. Oregon...The Ducks beat Washington with their "B" game this weekend. The game was much closer than the score indicated.
2. Stanford...A 42-17 win over Arizona validates the Cards claim to a BCS bowl game and pretty much clinches the conference title for Oregon.
3. Arizona...Disappointing loss for the Wildcats who weren't competitive with Stanford whatsoever.
4. USC...Closer than expected win over ASU but a win is a win for the Trojans.
5. UCLA...How did the Bruins pull this one off? Two weeks ago UCLA fans where questioning whether this staff could coach. A win over Oregon State proves that Rick can win even when he doesn't have equal talent.
6. Oregon State...Beavers fall to .500 after upset loss to Bruins.
7. California...The Bears gave WSU every chance to win this one but the Cogs couldn't convert when it counted.
8. Arizona State...Erickson's team loses another close game and it will be tough for the Sun Devlis to qualify for a bowl this season.
9. Washington...Huskies can go to a bowl if they win the next three and chances are pretty good that will happen.
10. Washington State...The Cougars have made a lot of progress this season. Enough that Wulff probably deserves another year unless Moos can lure Mike Bellotti to Pullman.