Metropolitan King County
Pete von Reichbauer- District 7
Continue to contact your elected officials!
The battle to get Husky Stadium fixed is now up to us!!
We need to continue to win polls, surveys, blogs, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the minds of our elected officials.
We must keep contacting our elected officials.
BE RELENTLESS! Use your voice and your e-mail and encourage your Husky friends to do the same.
- The stadium is old and needs to be fixed.
- Construction can start in December 2009 and will create 800 living wage jobs and 2,000 other jobs in this budget period.
- The taxes are King County Only taxes, which are currently being used to pay for pro-stadiums, arts group causes, playfields and other things until 2013 and 2021.
- These taxes cannot be used for any other purpose and cannot be used to help with the budget deficit.
- Husky Athletic Facilities are used by over 250,000 people per year for non-athletic events [over 40,000 per year attend graduation and over 22,000 visiting fans traveled from outside our state to watch a football game this year.]
- Cougar athletics organizations receive over $4.4 million from their upper campus every year -- we are self-funded.
We need to win polls, surveys, bogs, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the minds of our elected officials.
Thanks for your support!